Get ahead, get a plan – is planning really that necessary?

Nov

12

Get ahead, get a plan – is planning really that necessary?

Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined ?

…The answer is a simple question:

Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?

In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that :

  • 84% had no specific goals at all
  • 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
  • 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class.  You can guess the results:

  • The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
  • Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source:  from the book What They Don’t Teach You in the Harvard Business Schoolby Mark McCormack)

 

Get Motivated Get Planning

We run planning workshops regularly called  Get Ahead, Get a Plan.

what's the plan?Want to hit the ground running?

  • Understand where your business is going.
  • Ensure that your goals are achieved.
  • Learn vital planning & reviewing tools.

Add Comment